Thursday, March 25, 2010

Secrets of the Divine Therapy for Addictions

Are you suffering through the pain of addictions, whether those addictions be to drugs, alcohol, gambling, or other negative behaviors?  I found it interesting what this veteran AA member said about the book Divine Therapy & Addictions: Centering Prayer and the Twelve Steps.  "This is the most important book written since the 12 Steps. I have been a sober member of AA for 12 years and Father Keating's interpretation provides an invaluable roadmap for the transformation from self-centeredness, which he says all of us are, to god-centeredness. There is so much in this book regarding the pain of addiction, which he says all of us are addicted, and how to move from addiction using the 12 Steps, that every time I open this book, I grow calm with the knowledge that God can direct my thinking. Having spent most of my life driven by 100 forms of fear, this book specifically discusses what it is and how to resolve it. There is so much practical information, that its probable that this book would resolve issues for anyone that picks it up."  As a counselor and spiritual director, I highly recommend this book.   It is a good book for anyone who is taking the spiritual journey seriously.  This magnificent book is available for you just a click away through amazon.com.  Don't continue with the personal pains of your addiction.  Get your copy right now.  

1 comment:

  1. Addiction is a terribly destroying habit. I have worked in Drug and Alcohol detox and it's sad how the devil uses these tools to control and rule a persons life.
    I am retired now and have become anxious at times. My daughter-in-law gave me a DVD of hymns played by the Pan Pipes. I play it all the time and have become so peaceful, its amazing. Music Therapy, filling ones soul with goodness, especially when you know the words of the hymn and can hum along. God is so very good. We limit his greatness and mercy to us. We fail to thank him continually for all our treasures.. Fresh air,sunshine, flowers, nature in butterflies and bird song, a free country, friends, family. There is so much to give thanks for and glorify the giver of all.
    God bless you today with a joy beyond everything imaginable.

    ReplyDelete

 
} catch(err) {}