Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our New Candidates

Our candidates have arrived.  One is Sara and the other is Simona.  I like to introduce them to you one at a time.  Simona is from Romania.  The following is an excerpt of an interview with Simona taken from our Community News.

"After a long journey that took me across two oceans and involvement in different ministries, one beautiful October day in 2007, I met Sr. Betsy Goodwin in Boston through a common passion of working toward the eradiction of human trafficking.  That was the beginning of a simple, quiet, and gentle relationship that little-by-little developed into a more profound relationship with the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia.  After one year of working with Sr. Betsy, I came to the motherhouse for a Mini-Sabbath, where from the hill coming up to the Glen, I fell in love with and was mesmerized by the beauty, simplicity, and serenity of the place.  When I first stepped into the motherhouse, I knew that something more powerful, gracefilled, and peaceful took over my whole being.  I knew from tht moment that this is the place where I belong and want to be for the rest of my life.

What I am most impressed with and love about the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia is their love for one another and their love for all creation, their faithfulness and continuous presence to each other and to those whom they serve, their honesty and mutual support, and their tremendous witness and inspiration-not so much by words and deeds but rather by their being and continuous dedication and passion for the love of God and his Living Word.  It seems to me that no matter the sister' ages, professional backgrounds, roles, and country of origin, they seem so much inflamed with the love and gratitude of and for God, the Gospel, people, creation, and all that sustains and surrounds us here on Earth and even beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
} catch(err) {}