Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas season

The Christmas season officially ends today. Where did it go? I love this time of year and am sorry to see it end. On Christmas eve, I made my routine rounds. First, I visited my parents and grandparents at St. Dominic Cemetary. From there, I visited my nephew and his family. My nephew has three boys and they are truly a beautiful family. After a short visit with them, I went to visit my brother and his wife. I had dinner with them. My sister-in-law made a superb meal. At 7:00 p.m. in the evening, we went to my oldest niece's house. She always has a big celebration on Christmas eve, and I get to see that side of the family. I stayed over at my brother and sister-in-law's house when the party was over. The next morning, we all went out for breakfast. After a short visit in the morning, I returned to the convent to join the Sisters on the big meal of the day. I do enjoy the visiting and seeing parts of my family because I love them dearly. At the same time, it is always good to be back in the quiet of the convent, where there is more time to reflect and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
} catch(err) {}